What a week you guys! San Diego Comic Con is upon us and we've got trailers and posters and announcements galore. And it's only just getting started as we roll into the weekend and closer to August.
I'm going to pick my favorite news of the week and share it here in one clean bundle for you to digest. Then I'm headed to the theater to watch Unfriended: Dark Web.
First up is Glass because holy shit you guys I am so excited for this fucking moviiiieeee. We got a trailer, we got new images, and I am so completely onboard for THIS FILM WOW.
After Split ends, we find Dunn pursuing the The Beast who is up to his old tricks of kidnapping young women. Somehow Glass, Dunn, and Crumb find themselves in a hospital where Dr. Ellie Staple is overseeing them. I'm still so unclear of what this story will be about but I'm absolutely thrilled by the imagery we're seeing. Everyone looks spot on and I just cannot fucking wait until January.
Check out the trailer below.
"It is amazing to meet you, simply extraordinary"
You can watch Glass in theaters January 18th 2019
Next up is Nazi zombies in World War 2 and ohhhh boy my body is ready. I will never tire of this theme. Overlord will be the latest film from Bad Robot. It's set during World War 2 and follows a team of US paratroopers that discover terrifying Nazi experiments. NAZI ZOMBIES YA'LL.
Directed by Julius Avery, Overlord stars Jovan Adepo, Wyatt Russell and John Magaro. It will drop into theaters November 9th.
I know a lot of people were thinking this would be the next film in the Cloverfield universe, but clearly it's not. Unless, of course, the Cloverfield monster pops up at the end and kills all the Nazi zombies. Which would also be fucking epic.
Check out the trailer below.
"What do you do with those people?" "They have been given a purpose."
October is just creeping closer and closer you guys and Michael will finally be coming home. He was all over SDCC and one of the cool things we got was a new poster. I'm super on board for the full new Myers look. He looks aged and battered and absolutely terrifying.
On October 19th we'll all be rushing to the theater to see the first new Halloween flick in almost a decade. I'm trying not to watch too much of the footage or listen too much to the folks who saw it because I really want to go into this film with no expectations and just be blown away.
- Scream Factory announced at SDCC they will be releasing some great films in the next few months. Most important one being THE CRAFT!!!!! And also Candyman, Urban Legends, and Critters just to name a few. Someone take my wallet because it's going to be taking some serious damage this year.
- The eighth season of American Horror Story is officially titled American Horror Story: Apocalypse and will premier September 12th.
- If you've been on the internet at all this week, you know that Archaeologists in Egypt uncovered a new sarcophagus buried underground and then told the world they were going to open it. All week we've been prepared for curses, swarms of locusts, The Mummy coming to life. But now it is finally opened and it was filled with three skeletons (most likely military) and a bunch of sewage. 2018 remains a disappointment.
- The full trailer for Assassination Nation dropped and ya'll need to check it out. It looks insane. Great music, lots of slo-mo kills, lots of blood, and a bad ass cast. The full movie drops September 21st.
- Rob Zombie continues to drop images and posters from Three From Hell, his upcoming conclusion to his trilogy. At a recent concert of his he also dropped a mini trailer.
- Yesterday at SDCC lucky attendees got to see some footage of the new Halloween flick coming this October. Apparently it went over really well and lots of folks are calling it brutal and terrifying.